Monday 26 August 2013

Week 4

The first step of this week's tasks is to select and upload an image from week 4 lecture to my blog. I decided to choose a painting done by Gerhard Richter.


The next part was to replicate the mood in the chosen image on my own created island. I unfortunately was not able to start my island in cryengine so opted to creating a new island for this week's exercises. My results can be seen below.
Before
After
My screenshot of my current settings.
Time of day settings
Cloudy Sky
Settings for image above
Blue sky with some clouds
Settings for image above
Late afternoon cloudy day

Add caption
Settings for image above
Evening sky

Settings for image above

This week's lecture contained examples of environments both man made and those developed naturally over centuries. I believe that the main focus of this week's lecture was to actually inspire us to use reference images of naturally developed landscapes as inspiration to use in our own environment rather than using man made landscapes such as the palm island located in Dubai as our reference. I was also inspired by some of the works that various artists have produced. 


No comments:

Post a Comment